--------------010206060902070604060400

serialhex wrote:
> hey robert, thanks for the great article, i'll keep that stuff in mind as
> i'm writing the rest of this class!
>
>    hex
>
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 5:46 AM, Robert Klemme
> <shortcutter / googlemail.com>wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 2:34 AM, serialhex<serialhex / gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Colin, your amazing insight has led me to programming greatness!!!
>>>
>>> ...ok, mabye not so much, but i have (mostly) solved the problem using
>>>
>> the
>>
>>> Delegate class, heres the relevant code:
>>>
>>> ##
>>> require 'delegate'
>>>
>>> class SurrealNil<  DelegateClass(NilClass)
>>>   include Comparable
>>>   def< other
>>>     return -1
>>>   end
>>>   def initialize
>>>     super nil
>>>   end
>>> end
>>> ##
>>>
>>> it returns -1 all the time so no matter what you compare it against it's
>>> less than that (i mean, sereously, an empty set is WAAAAYYYYYYY less than
>>> neg infinity, cause with neg infinity you still have SOMETHING right?)
>>>
>>> so while the rest of the project is FAR from finished, at least this part
>>>
>> is
>>
>>> completed.  thanks for the help!!
>>>
>> If you need additional input I have written about numeric classes in our
>> blog
>>
>> http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/posts/rklemme/019-Complete_Numeric_Class.html
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> robert
>>
>> --
>> remember.guy do |as, often| as.you_can - without end
>> http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/

I can't imagine where you got the idea that a nul is less than minus
infinity. Mathematically, a null is basically undefined as in dividing
by zero. I have no idea what your use of this is, but mathematically you
are in the wrong pew.

Everett L.(Rett) Williams II

--------------010206060902070604060400--