# some code for u

# do this so your rational will stay rational
require 'mathn'

# now
a = 3/2  # if in irb you should get (3/2) as a reply

a.to_f  # should give you 1.5

# and thats it!!

mathn is a library that unify's all the numbers and makes them play well
together, why it's not loaded by default IDFK... but whatever, nothing's
perfect right?

  -hex