On Dec 20, 2010, at 18:40 , Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 20, 2010, at 11:51 , Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
>>
>>> The JVM and the JDK APIs suck at process manipulation...not JRuby.
>>
>> Oh come now. If the JVM sucks at something, JRuby sucks at it too. Don't pass the buck.
>
> You couldn't be more wrong. It's understandable since you don't
> actually know anything about JRuby's implementation.

Nice Ad Hominem. It's just that I don't need to know anything about jruby's implementation to identify someone passing the buck when they do it.

Or... are you claiming that JRuby doesn't suck at process manipulation and that JEG is wrong, or worse, a liar?

But JEG is right, it does suck. That's not a terrible thing. Sometimes your dogmatic "rah rah java/jruby" thing blinds you to simple truths: jruby being built on the jvm gives it a lot of strengths, but as JEG said (so succinctly), "like anything, there are tradeoffs and JRuby sucks at other things". That's not the end of the world, but just because you claim it isn't so, doesn't make it true.