On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Brian Candler <b.candler / pobox.com> wrote:
> Rajinder Yadav wrote in post #969592:
>>> Use wget [-c]
>>
>> ruby has a wget command? i want to do this from ruby code, and with no
>> backquote either
>
> I was thinking of:
>
> =A0 =A0system("wget ....")
>
> If you don't have wget on your system, I'm afraid I don't know of an
> existing Ruby library which does download-to-file with restarting of
> partial transfers.
>
> You can cobble something together using Net::HTTP, but to do the
> restarts you'll have to use the set_range method to add the Range:
> header - see RFC 2616 section 14.35.
>
> Note that old HTTP servers may ignore the Range: header, so you should
> check that the response content_range is what you asked for.

well if i just want to download a file, is there something i can use
that is simple?

i tired using open-uri, but when i read and then save the file it mess
up the file? something like this

require 'open-uri'
url =3D 'http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.0c.tar.gz'
file =3D open(url)
c =3D file.read

f =3D File.open('openssl-1.0.0c.tar.gz', 'w')
f.write c
f.close

--=20
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav | DevMentor.org | Do Good! ~ Share Freely

GNU/Linux: 2.6.35-22-generic
Kubuntu x86_64 10.10 | KDE 4.5.1
Ruby 1.9.2p0 | Rails 3.0.1