> People who write entries for obfuscated code contents often times do
> fun things with the formatting, making their obfuscated code into
> pictures and shapes. This is particularly interesting with "quines",
> programs that can output their own source code.

In case anyone here is a obsfucated programming virgin, here is
(a personal favourite) example of obsfucated code:

http://www.ioccc.org/1996/schweikh1.c

(Here is an archive of such insanity - you'd need the Makefile to
use the above)
http://www.ioccc.org/years.html

> As a response to Paul Graham's "Hackers and Painters" essay, I
> particularly enjoyed this essay by an artist/programmer, called
> "Dabblers and Blowhards":
>
> http://www.idlewords.com/2005/04/dabblers_and_blowhards.htm

That's brilliant!

Though I'm still set on thinking a fractal generator constitutes art.
The fractal on the screen is art, and the program is a description of
how to construct the fractal's geometry.

In any case, as that essay points out:
maths isn't going to get me laid.