> I did that export with "/var/lib/gems/1.8/bin" directory but now I
> get following error message when trying to compile:
>
> /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/allinoneruby-0.2.11/bin/allinoneruby:5:in
> `replace': can't modify frozen string (TypeError)
>   from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/allinoneruby-0.2.11/bin/allinoneruby:5
>   from /var/lib/gems/1.8/bin/allinoneruby:19:in `load'
>   from /var/lib/gems/1.8/bin/allinoneruby:19
>
> How I can take away that directory from $PATH?

Why would you want to remove that directory from your PATH?

If you do, then next time you want to run a gem, you'd need to repeat
this process.

But if you insist, then just remove the export statement from
your .bashrc and open a new shell and it should be back to its usual,
non-gem running self.

As I said, I don't use any of those ruby compilers, so unfortunately I
can't help you with your error there.

John