WHT> Is there a way to do Ruby Servlets?  My understanding is that eruby
WHT> allows emedded ruby in HTML pages & FastCGI allows it to run without
WHT> constantly reloading.  (How does this differ than mod_ruby?)

The main difference between mod_ruby and fastcgi is that with
mod_ruby, the ruby code executes inside of the apache process, and
with fastcgi, the webserver (apache and others) connect to the running
fastcgi process (which can be running on a different machine if you
like) via a socket.  The web serving and the cgi execution are
separated with fastcgi.

I just did a search and came across an old post I made about fastcgi
vs. mod_perl a couple years ago: