On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:25 AM, thunk <gmkoller / gmail.com> wrote:

> I did not expect to have somebody call me out and tell me the approach
> was totally off the mark, and make the completely UNFOUNDED (and
> untested) statement that the code does not work.

It was me, not Ryan, who said it didn't work, and of course I tested it
before making that comment.

Or are you saying that you believe the Levenshtein distance between
"foo" and "food" is actually 2?

I would expect it to be 1, and that's also what a Levenshtein example
implementation in another language[1] gives me.

[1] http://www.merriampark.com/ldperl.htm

But as I said, I'm no mathematician  :-)

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder / gmail.com
twitter: @hassan