Listen,

If he adopted the nearness tester for a quick true/false for equality
he would get one of two results:

1.  The test finds a difference, and this case he could drill down on
the physical difference.

2.  The test finds no difference, then he could use it as a work-
around to get on with app while the powers that be do what the powers
that be do sometime in the future.

I will swear that the code, which I may or may not have modified,
worked for me when I was testing it some two years ago.  It stuck me
as a  very useful piece of code.   It is out there somewhere under the
name given in the code, I should guess.

In any case it struck me as possibly useful, and if somebody took the
time to test it then that person also thought so, or?

Clearly if he can flip some system switch or whatever, then that is
the superior solution, I was the first to respond, and was unaware
that the versions changed internal formats, but that does make sense.

In the worst case the algorithm gets down and dirty with the visible
elements of a string - or did back in earlier versions.   That might
well have come in handy.

Really, Ryon, if you want to head butt, let's take it off-line, I have
said all I feel I need to say after trying to help somebody.

Sincerely,

George