On Dec 12, 10:40=A0am, Stefano Mioli <stefano.mi... / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/12/10 5:51 AM, RichardOnRails wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > K:/_Utilities/ruby186-26_rc2/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/pdf-
> > reader-0.9.0/lib/pdf/reader/buffer.rb:123:in `index': wrong number of
> > arguments (0 for 1) (ArgumentError)
> > [snip]
>
> > Incidentally, =A0the PDF file works fine when I open it in Firefox.
>
> > Any suggestions about how to get PDF-reading working in Ruby?
>
> Maybe you should try posting on pdf-reader's own mailing list at
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://groups.google.com/group/pdf-reader/
>
> If you can open the document without errors, it may very well be a bug
> in pdf-reader.
> The project's page on github says:
>
> "If you believe the file should be valid, or that a corrupt file didn t
> raise an exception, please forward a copy of the file to the maintainers
> (preferably via the google group) and we can attempt to improve the code.=
"

> --
> Stefano

Thanks, Stephano.

I didn't think of searching for a pdf website.  Good suggestion!

I'm bookmarking the website.  I'm postponing a visit there because I
just found A-PDF Text Extractor at http://www.a-pdf.com/newsletter/?te.
It extracted text-file of the PDF's textual content that I can work
with (in Ruby) for my current needs.

Best wishes,
Richard