Folks,

Hi, this is my first post here. Tried to search the forum for a specific
answer, but didn't find it. I'm not a programmer, just a curious. Got
Chris Pine's "Learning to Program", and I'm going through all the
exercises. I'm in the YAML chapter now, and I'm trying to adapt the
picture-renaming exercise.

Somehow, though, my computer doesn't do the task. I'm not sure if the
problem is in Chdir or in another instruction (or even in the addresses
I gave).

I use Windows Vista. These are the first two lines, where I use Dir:

Dir.chdir ('D:\\Fotos')
pic_names=Dir['C:\\Users\\Marcelo\\Pictures\\*.{JPG.jpg}']

The double inverted slashes were put after I read something about this
being the way Ruby gets the syntax in Windows.

It says "Downloading 0 files: "

And nothing else happens.

What did I do wrong?

Best,