On 12/12/10 5:51 AM, RichardOnRails wrote:

[snip]

> K:/_Utilities/ruby186-26_rc2/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/pdf-
> reader-0.9.0/lib/pdf/reader/buffer.rb:123:in `index': wrong number of
> arguments (0 for 1) (ArgumentError)
> [snip]
>
> Incidentally,  the PDF file works fine when I open it in Firefox.
>
> Any suggestions about how to get PDF-reading working in Ruby?

Maybe you should try posting on pdf-reader's own mailing list at

	http://groups.google.com/group/pdf-reader/

If you can open the document without errors, it may very well be a bug
in pdf-reader.
The project's page on github says:

"If you believe the file should be valid, or that a corrupt file didn?t
raise an exception, please forward a copy of the file to the maintainers
(preferably via the google group) and we can attempt to improve the code."

--
Stefano