On 12/10/10 4:51 PM, Aaron D. Gifford wrote:
> Anyone have any pointers to documentation, notes, info, or if none of
> that, code showing examples of using OpenSSL in Ruby, in particular
> memory BIO input/output for SSL/TLS sessions?  Searches turn up plenty
> of C code, but dearth of Ruby code.  I'd like to be able to establish
> an SSL or TLS session using memory IO (no sockets, no file IO).

There's nothing specifically about using memory IO, but the
samples/openssl/ directory in the Ruby source has some good generic
examples of how the pieces fit together.

I've also found Eric Hodel's OpenSSL-related stuff to be a good source
for how to use it, albeit with sockets and files, e.g.,:

  http://segment7.net/projects/ruby/QuickCert/
  http://segment7.net/projects/ruby/drb/DRbSSL/

Looking at the openssl ext source, I don't see a way to create a raw
memory source/sink, but OpenSSL::Session.new with a string creates one
to hold the encoded session, so maybe it'd be easy to add that. To be
honest, I'm not entirely sure what it means to "establish a[...] session
using memory IO", so I could be entirely misguided.

Good luck!

--
Michael Granger <ged / FaerieMUD.org>
Rubymage, Architect, Believer