On 11.12.2010 07:06, Josh Cheek wrote:
> [Note:  parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]
>
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Rajesh M.<munikur / gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I need help in putting a regular expression, regular expression should
>> find either of these four words:
>>
>> shut reb sync init
>>
>> I am trying to find either shutdown or reboot or sync or init, for Linux
>> it works fine if I put crontab -l |grep -iP "(shut|init|sync|reb)" but
>> in Solaris it is failing because it doesn't have regular expression
>> option which is -P.

What do you need -P for?  There is no specific perlism in the regexp.
Instead you can use egrep to make "|" meta.  Note also that you do not
need brackets.

>> So I am trying to make this through regular expression.

> How about
>
> crontab -l | grep -i -e shut -e init -e sync -e reb

Or

crontab -l | egrep -i "shut|init|sync|reb"

Note: you may have to use a specific egrep for it to understand -i -
Solaris is such a mess in this regard.

Cheers

	robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/