--Rgf3q3z9SdmXC6oT

* Kent Dahl (kentda / stud.ntnu.no) wrote:
> Stefan Matthias Aust wrote:
[snipped]
> > To create GUI application, would would probably need
> > to deal with Qt/embedded/qtopia.  Does Ruby provide bindings for this?
>
> There is bindings for standard Qt (
> http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/raa-list.rhtml?name=Ruby%2FQt2 ) but as far
> as I know there are no efforts directed squarely at embedded Qt.

According to TrollTech, Qt/E provides a subset of the standard Qt API,
so you can run many Qt applications with Qt/E by just recompiling
against Qt/E.  In other words, people may be able to get away with
linking against libqpe instead of libqt while cross-compiling and have
things run correctly.  I haven't tried this personally, so actually I
don't know if works or not.

TrollTech's Embedded FAQ:
http://www.trolltech.com/developer/faqs/embedded.html

QPE (Qtopia) Page:
http://qpe.sf.net/

StrongARM (Zaurus SL-5000D and Compaq iPAQ) Cross-compiler:
ftp://ftp.handhelds.org/pub/linux/arm/toolchain/

Hope this helps...

--
Paul Duncan <pabs / pablotron.org>        pabs on #gah (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/               OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--Rgf3q3z9SdmXC6oT

--Rgf3q3z9SdmXC6oT--