zuerrong <zuerrong / gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/12/10 Tony Arcieri <tony.arcieri / medioh.com>:
> > And Unicorns are fantastical mythical creatures!
> >
> yep that indicates it's not prepare for the actual use.

There's no shiny website, commercial support, or even a web-based
bug tracker, so of course it's not ready for actual use! :>

Anyways, in case somebody wanted to know how I named it:

I originally wanted to call it "Unicron", in honor of a track posted by
a Kiwi[1] many years ago to a Usenet group we frequented:

   http://unicorn.bogomips.org/unicron.mp3

I swapped the "ro" for "or" because:
a) it might be confused as a "cron"-workalike
b) I could get sued by whoever owns the rights to the name (Hasbro?)

The "Uni" has two meanings:
1) it signifies "one", being single-threaded compared to its ancestor
2) it shares 3 characters with its intended platform: UNIX

Of course, unicorns are awesome, too :)  It's also a constant
reminder to never take things too seriously ;>

[1] - It's been many years, but I could try getting in touch with him
      if you guys like it :)
--
Eric Wong