Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:03748] Re: Why it's quiet -- Ruby features -- Arrays"
    on 00/07/02, "Conrad Schneiker" <schneiker / jump.net> writes:

|> In summary, it's quite possible that future distibution includes
|> multidimentional array, like socket.
|
|Given the very widespread utility and usage of multidimensional arrays
|(especially 2-D arrays), is there any chance of this happening in Ruby 1.6.0
|(so hopefully it could also be included in the first English Ruby books)?

I doubt it.  The reason is that there's no de facto multidimensional
array implementation.  MDArray is pretty old (pre 1.1 days), the
author of NArray is claiming he abandoned the development.  I've heard
somthing like NumRuby is under development, but not yet made public.

Relasing 1.6.0 should be near futrure (within a few days), so timeline
is too tight, I guess.

							matz.