Intransition <transfire / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 8, 4:23?pm, Eric Wong <normalper... / yhbt.net> wrote:
> > Hi all, I'm having trouble finding a lo-fi RDoc generator that works
> > well across browsers with JavaScript disabled.
> >
> > I'm reasonably satisfied with Darkfish, but still unhappy with the
> > JavaScript dependency (but at least it's still usable without JS).
> >
> > Anything with frames is a showstopper. ?I can't deal with them and
> > refused to deal with RDoc until I learned of Darkfish.
> >
> > Perhaps I should attempt to make one? ?I have a strong hatred of
> > graphics/icons on the web, so if I made one it'd be text-only :>
>
> You might try rdazzle. It has a variety of templates and you're more
> than welcome to contribute a new template --it's pretty easy to take
> an existing rdazzle template, copy it, and work it into something the
> suites you.

Thanks for the pointer, but none of the existing rdazzle templates meet
my requirements.  What/how would I benefit with rdazzle vs contributing
a generator to RDoc directly?

I may also take a look at webgen since it seems to include a nice simple
layout, but I'm not sure how well it does for RDoc in code (vs RDoc in
text files) since the "simple" style meets my no-JS/no-images
requirements:

http://webgen.rubyforge.org/documentation/website_styles/style-simple/style.html

--
Eric Wong