On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Steve Klabnik <steve / steveklabnik.com>wrote:

> Interesting. I have half a dozen Sinatra projects on Heroku, and I never
> had
> to deal with any of those issues. I guess I just got lucky with my config
> setup...

You probably were smarter about it than I was. I followed some Rails
conventions where they made sense, and digressed where it seemed appropriate
or where I wasn't checking to see how Rails had done it. Those digressions
were a mistake, and I think I regretted almost all of them. I looked at the
heroku code now, and it looks like it is much friendlier about explaining to
you why whatever you were trying to do didn't work, but it used to silently
rescue exceptions and just not work, or fail somewhere else further on, so I
had to load up the gem, and follow it down from the binary to see where it
was going wrong.