On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 5:47 AM, Steve Klabnik <steve / steveklabnik.com>wrote:

> > Final thoughts: I'm going to recommend against serving Sinatra on Heroku,
> > you have to know what you're doing and be able to go digging through
> their
> > source code to troubleshoot errors stemming from not using Rails.
>

> Have you tried hosting Sinatra on Heroku? This simply isn't true.

Yes, I have. I did have to go looking through the Heroku gem maybe 2 or 3
times. It is simple things that you would not think about, like your
database.yaml file must be in a folder named config, in your project root,
and the keys in that file must be strings, not symbols. Whoops, even that
isn't right, it must end in yml, not in yaml. You don't have to think about
that in Rails, Rails just does that, but in not Rails, you need to know.