I have been programming in Ruby for a while and have made several
personal applications, so I'd like to say I'm not a complete novice when
it comes to Ruby, and programming in general; however I have not gone as
far as the complexities involved in Ruby on Rails (it's more or less the
multiple class/files setup).

I want to make a website with Ruby for a group I'm in, nothing
complicated (no forums or accounts), and while this is suppose to be a
simple read-only type website, whenever I look for making websites with
Ruby, I'm always redirected to a Ruby on Rails page. Is this something
that can be done with just Ruby, or would I be better off to learn Ruby
on Rails?

Any tutorials, tips, or links would be greatly appreciated.

-JRJurman