"Conrad Schneiker" <schneiker / jump.net> writes:

> I am all for trying to do all sorts of neat new things in Ruby. But
> I think we should be very wary of letting highly hypothetical tail
> wag a very real dog.

Agreed. Now demonstrate why your dog is any more real than my tail.[1]
I'm not trying to be argumentative. It's just that your arguments
comes from just as much of a guess as mine. You assume users want
everything. I'm guessing that in the age of ASPs that approach will
seem very old-fashioned, and that we will have the opportunity to
lead, not follow, if we start to investigate a more dynamic approach
now.

Both guesses, in the end.

I don't see anything wrong with pursuing both. As I suggested
previously, you or someone else could construct and maintain the
comprehensive distribution, while others could work on alternative
technologies. One doesn't preclude the other.

Regards

Dave

Footnotes:
[1]  This is a rhetorical question! I don't really want to prolong an
already long thread with vibrating dog metaphors ;-)