"Conrad Schneiker" <schneiker / jump.net> writes:

> But that doesn't preclude making the Ruby distribution maximally useful for
> both new users and the overall Ruby community now. It's not an either-or
> sort of thing.

I've got an idea! (OK - it had to happen sooner or later).

Why don't you (Conrad) _create_ a distribution that has all the
goodies you feel should be in there? I'm sure it would be linked from
ruby-lang and rubycentral. That way, Matz can continue with the more
minimal approach, and you can coordinate the richer functionality of a
full distribution. That would seem like the best of both worlds. Users
would have a choice.

Hey - I'd probably use yours given a chance. Personally I've
downloaded a heap of stuff off RAA ;-)

Regards

Dave