On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Martin C. <mydoghasworms / gmail.com> wrote:

> Any ideas on what existing frameworks I could look at? I was
> wondering about using MagLev, especially to take advantage of storing
> data in shared memory between processes in an easy way. (i.e. each work
> process would be a MagLev instance).

This may be a more general question about the ABAP architecture, but why
does it need both a database and shared state between workers?

This may just be an architectural preference on my part, but I prefer my
Ruby processes be shared nothing and totally stateless, with all state
stored in the database and only in the database.

If you really need shared state between workers, I'd suggest using JRuby and
having each worker run as a separate thread. JRuby provides concurrent
execution of Ruby code without a global interpreter lock, and all workers
share a heap.

IronRuby also supports this, as does the Rubinius "hydra" branch.

--
Tony Arcieri
Medioh! Kudelski