On 12/5/2010 1:15 PM, Diego Virasoro wrote:
> Could people with more DB experience give a few suggestions? I've read
> of MongoDB, CouchDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL... and to be honest I am
> pretty lost, so I am sending this in the hope some fellow Rubyist can
> help a poor DB newbie. ;)
my recommendation would be postgresql.  If you don't want to deal with postgresql initially, then sqlite3.
Migrating from sqlite3 to postgresql should be pretty straightforward if you desire/need to do so later.  If
you go with an ORM, make sure that it supports the ability for YOU to write sql queries if you want to --
ORM's may not build the most appropriate SQL query for YOUR database schema, this may be the difference
between an acceptable/unacceptable query response time.