On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Diego Virasoro <diego.virasoro / gmail.com> wrote:
>> SQLite[0] might be worth a look, especially if you can split your data
>> across several instances of SQLite.
>
> Thanks, I'll start with this then.
>
> Any suggestion on the ruby wrapper? It seems that DataMapper is pretty
> good and "hides" some of the complexities of SQL. But I've heard of
> Sequel as well, and some closer to the SQL code such as ruby-sqlite.
>
> Which one would you suggest to start?

IMHO you should definitely have a look at the latest Rails 3 version
of active record which uses arel https://github.com/rails/arel

http://railscasts.com/episodes/202-active-record-queries-in-rails-3
http://railscasts.com/episodes/239-activerecord-relation-walkthrough

Active record can be used separately from Rails, it always could but
Rails 3 makes it easier to pick particular parts of Rails then ever.

--
Rick DeNatale

Github: http://github.com/rubyredrick
Twitter: @RickDeNatale