On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:49 AM, Mike Stephens <rubfor / recitel.net> wrote:
> I was thinking about this last night and it's part of a belief I have
> that you reuse powerful facilities available to you rather than imitate
> them or bodge them into Ruby. That's how scripting languages started -
> simple programming interfaces to applications, operating systems etc.

I understand that you might not be capable or want to rewrite things,
but where in this whole message is anything powerful referenced?

> If you want to script a web site then don't struggle with Ruby-like
> libraries, run Internet Explorer and script its model. Nothing you can
> download from rubyforge is ever going to be as big, sophisticated and
> tested. Similarly with spreadsheets - Excel is on your computer, why
> mess with anything less? Fire up win32ole and the World is your oyster.

This didn't exactly make sense to me, but you're welcome to develop
for IE using whatever languages you'd like.

As for me and my house, we will serve the rubies.

~Johnneylee