> What would be the biggest advantage of allowing case-insensitivity in your opinion?<

Jeremy,
After feedback from this list, I don't now see an advantage to case-insensitivity.  Prior to posting, I was thinking (perhaps grounded from a "human reading level") that "aVariableName" just simply should equal "avariablename".  I also thought that having a situation where case matters might actually increase the chance for error.

Doug
p.s.  Since the topic here is identifiers, I do want the folks on this list to know that I realize: died_in_the_wool != dyed_in_the_wool  :)