On Dec 1, 6:11=A0pm, Rick DeNatale <rick.denat... / gmail.com> wrote:
> The reason is that the value of #hash is not the only thing needed to
> distinguish hash keys. All objects with the same hash value are mapped
> to the same hash 'bucket' hash collisions are resolved by using the
> eql? method,

Good explanation. My response was a knee-jerk reaction without
checking if it actually worked, and it definitely makes sense for the
language to care about more than simply the results of #hash.

Although I still think what I was trying to point out is something to
consider, that simply delegating #hash to an internal element isn't
all that good because on some level it makes them the same.

--
-yossef