David Masover wrote in post #965565:.
> I'd argue you're not a Ruby programmer, and you've missed the whole
> point of
> Ruby, if you're using that many globals.

As I relayed previously on this channel, I was introduced to Ruby by
Ulrika (about five years ago). On an old laptop I found one of her
programs, and it was written in a simple style with lots of globals. It
just seemed so dead easy to understand.

I believe the program I wrote whilst not typical of Ruby programs is
quicker to understand than the more dense solutions given by others -
and that's important in programming.

For all the people on here deciding now to ditch heavy OO and switch to
the more modern easy-going procedural style of Ruby, I would point out
that using globals is called 'common coupling' and frowned upon versus
'normal coupling' where you pass variable as method arguments.