Version 0.10.0 of pg, the PostgreSQL client library, has been released.

== Project Page

  http://bitbucket.org/ged/ruby-pg/

== Installation

  $ sudo gem install pg

If your compilation environment can't find the PostgreSQL client library, you
might have to show it where to look like so:

  $ sudo gem install pg -- \
    --with-pg-config=/opt/local/lib/postgresql90/bin/pg_config

Note that this release does not include Windows binaries, as I wasn't able to get it to cross-compile with PostgreSQL-9.0.1 and OpenSSL-1.0.0a. I've spent nearly three weeks trying to get it working, and I didn't want to delay the release any longer because of it. Patches welcomed.

== Changes

* Fixes for Ruby 1.9.2
* Updated for PostgreSQL 9.0
* Integrated support for Ruby 1.9's Encoding.default_internal. If you have
  a default_internal encoding set, it will be used for the client_encoding
  of new synchronous connections. Asynchronous connections will have to set
  client_encoding themselves, however, as it needs to be done after the
  connection is established.
* Updated some of the examples
* Updated the tests for RSpec 2