On Wednesday, December 01, 2010 03:04:42 pm Mike Stephens wrote:
> Ammar Ali wrote in post #965529:
> > This doesn't do whatever you think it does.
>
> You don't think, as a determined real programmer, I would publish code
> that I hadn't tested, now do you?

Go ahead, test it. Sure, the puts works, but what are the actual array
elements going to be? Try this after running get_array:

$input_array.map(&:class)

If you didn't intend those to be actual events, what is the point of defining
them that way?

Oh, and while your original point is true:

> Just because you're a Ruby programmer you don't have to use all that OO
> stuff.

I'd argue you're not a Ruby programmer, and you've missed the whole point of
Ruby, if you're using that many globals.