--001636d339b3dd413b049656a657

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Rajesh Huria <rajesh.huria / gmail.com> wrote:

> Steve Klabnik wrote in post #964767:
> > You'll want to check out one of the many Ruby web frameworks. If all you
> > want is something simple like this, I'd suggest using Sinatra:
> > http://sinatrarb.com/
> >
> > Since you're using Apache, I'd suggest phusion passenger to get it
> > talking
> > with Sinatra: http://www.modrails.com/
>
> this looks quite complicated to me :(
> is there any way, i can just invoke ruby script on server side?

You mean using CGI? Its possible. You will need to configure your web server
for it. Its slow though.

> Also, how i can feed input tag of form as input to my ruby script?

Check out the ruby CGI library. I would guess that is a good starting point
for what you want to achieve.
http://ruby-doc.org/core/classes/CGI.html

For something simple, you really cant beat Sinatra. It is not typical to
make Ruby web programs just using CGI, or have PHP-like deployment.

--
http://richardconroy.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/RichardConroy

--001636d339b3dd413b049656a657--