--nVMJ2NtxeReIH9PS

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 11:40:20AM +0900, lkfken wrote:
>=20
> My English is not very good.  So from what I understand, you are
> saying that productivity has not direct relationship to the
> programming language?

I suppose that, if you are going to produce the same number of lines of
code in either of two languages, and all else is equal, the more
expressive language -- that is, the language that allows you to express
more in the same number of lines of code -- will "make" you "more
productive".  This is because the following two things could happen, and
which happens depends on the language:

Language A -- You write 40 lines of code per day for three days.  You
finish your program, because for every 20 lines of code you achieve one
complete feature in your program, and it needs six features to be
finished.

Language B -- You write 40 lines of code per day for six days.  You
finish your program, because for every 40 lines of code you achieve one
complete feature in your program, and it needs six features to be
finished.

In this case, if all else is equal, Language A would be your best bet.

Then again, "all else" is pretty much ever equal.

--=20

--nVMJ2NtxeReIH9PS