David Chelimsky wrote:
>   * debugger statements _just work_ as long as ruby-debug is installed
>     * otherwise you get warned, but not fired

Great news David, but I have a question.

I've always found that when stopping at a debugger statement,
the debugger's "where" statement shows no stack trace. This
is because the debugger didn't installed its hook until it
was called, which is too late. The work-around I found was
to call Debugger.start somewhere in global scope, but after
ruby-debug had been required.

The workaround is painful, and I was considering asking that
the "-d"/"--debugger" option should do it... not possible now
that you've removed the option!

Is there any way to get the initial stack trace to work correctly?
Perhaps add "-d" again to support this case?

Clifford Heath.