Thank you for a very exhaustive reply. Much appreciated. :)

Just to explain what I meant a bit more clearly, I don't have a
problem with someone who feels like snooping and modifying things: as
you point out this is Ruby. I simply meant that I would want him/her
not to encounter the class in everyday work.

I can use :nodoc: to remove it from the documentation, but it would
still be way to easy to encounter. So, yeah, your "solutions" are just
the thing: and I feel a little bit better seeing that there's no real
canonical way, or something easier.

> No, if it's a class, you should use a class. Modules are for collections of
> behavior you might mix in to a class, but sometimes, a superclass actually
> does make sense.

Good to hear someone say that. :) I've been programming for a while
but I have no formal training/knowledge, so it's good to read that my
gut feeling (that I really needed a superclass rather than a mix-in
module) made _some_ sense. ;)

Thanks again
Diego