> This is basically the same as an if-elsif-else-end cascade with a
> shorter syntax for "||" (i.e. the comma after "when").

Good point. It never came to my mind that you could forget to give
"case" an argument to turn it into an if-elsif-else-end. :) Very nice.

About the comma though I don't find it very legible: it's fine for
normal use (like 1,3 or Array,Hash), but not as a generic or.
(obviously this is a very personal opinion). But I imagine that
there's nothing stopping you from using || when you feel it reads
better.

Anyway, I must admit that this makes case at least as useable than if-
elsif-else-end while possibly being more readable in a lot of cases.
I'd still prefer to use the latter when it's more readable, and I can
of prefer it if there are not many branches, but this is purely
personal opinion. Long live CASE!!! :)

Diego