Tony Arcieri <tony.arcieri / medioh.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Eric Wong <normalperson / yhbt.net> wrote:
> > Yes, it'll probably happen next week, there are a few other Rainbows!
> > things I've been slacking on.
>
> Sweet. I wanted to present Rev/Revactor on Rainbows! at RubyConf but
> couldn't find any examples to get me started (beyond use :Rev and use
> :Revactor)
>
> It'd be great if your Rainbows! documentation had a trivial example of
> building an async HTTP request handler using Cool.io or Revactor.

Heh, I don't actually have much a clue what interests people when it
comes to async apps, I barely use the web myself.

I would imagine it's like writing any regular application with
Rev/Revactor, you could make async HTTP requests to other backends and
maybe some databases with adapters for them...

They're both pretty good for serving things with only local
dependencies (apps running off TokyoCabinet/SQLite/GDBM, etc)
and can maintain many idle client connections with keepalive.
(crank keepalive_timeout up from the default 5s).

--
Eric Wong