On 11/19/2010 03:23 PM, Nick Sieger wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Joel VanderWerf
> <joelvanderwerf / gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 11/19/2010 09:55 AM, Nick Sieger wrote:
>>>
>>> Actually, all you need to do is "gem install jruby-launcher" to get
>>> the new version.
>>
>> Thanks! Should this be installed with MRI gem, or jruby gem ?
>>

> JRuby! It will compile the native launcher for your system and install
> it on top of the existing shell script in $JRUBY_HOME/bin.

Works now, thanks!

I'm looking at the output from both --profile and --sample. It seems
that --profile measures only jruby methods, and --sample measures only
java functions. (Or maybe --sample would show some of the jruby methods
if they were taking enough time to be observed at a tick. My program is
much more heavily bottlenecked in the java side at the moment.)

Is there any possibility of --profile instrumenting both jruby and java
code?