Go onto a web job site and type in Ruby. You'll then see lists of the
skills people expect before they consider you a Ruby developer.

Here's a typical one today

The Role We are looking for an experienced Rails Developer to help
continue with our new development projects. You will have at least a
couple of years experience working with Ruby and Rails in large test
driven deployments. You will be working alongside an established team of
contract and permenant expert developers. The Skills Web technologies -
you will need to be an EXPERT in all of these R uby and/or Rails PHP5 -
including knowledge of frameworks and OO development using PHP.
JavaScript - to utilise the most modern aspects of web development A
combination of other suitable technologies for scalable web solutions
Code & performance optimisation - to squeeze the most out of each
function and line of code. Unit/functional testing - to make sure each
release is as stable as can be. Web Systems Apache - administration and
configuration Nginx and others? Great! Operating systems Linux
administration - for scalable solutions Knowledge of the Shell to
automate and improve productivity. Database SQL/NoSQL - Whichever
flavour that will provide most suitable scalable and stable environment