--005045015a73a2165904954f6df7

In Ruby everything is an object. When you do 1 + 2, you need to understand
and register (in your mind) the fact that both 1 & 2 here are objects
(Fixnum objects to be specific). Since everything is an object, they can
interact with each other only by means of methods. 1 + 2 1.+(2), the
syntax 1 + 2 is provided by Ruby for convenience sake, since we are used to
it, what is actually happening is the latter, i.e. 1.+(2)

--
Thanks & Regards,
Dhruva Sagar.