Robert Klemme wrote in post #961079:
> Duck typing really only means that Ruby does not have interfaces and >uses
dynamic typing.

OK so what's the difference between dynamic typing and weak typing?

My take on strong typing is you cannot assign an object of Type A to a
variable of Type B unless you use a transform method so you convince the
'compiler' you intended to do this (and such a method exists). It's more
to do with trapping programmer errors than to do with making compilers'
lives easy. Where that leaves you on adding (etc) an object of Type A to
an object of Type B is less clear but I would be inclined to think that
falls into the same camp.