On Nov 14, 2010, at 7:55 PM, Skye Shaw!@#$ wrote:

> On Nov 12, 8:47 am, Mike Stephens <rub... / recitel.net> wrote
>> Databases are supposed to be designed with external schemas ie you =
never
>> program to a base table...ever! You program to views
>=20
> What happens when I want to make an update :(

If one choose to, one could always perform DML on a view courtesy of =
'instead of' triggers or such.

Alternatively, one could look at the db as a, hmm, black box. The db =
only exposes itself as a set of RPC calls (aka store procedures or =
such). Clients only interact with the db through these. No free form =
queries or anything. As always, YMMV.=20