On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Mike Stephens <rubfor / recitel.net> wrote:
> I needed to process some data for automated test scripts this morning. I
> switched on my rigorously locked down corporate laptop which has
> absolutely no chance of getting Ruby on it. So I try VBA and
> blow-me-down they've locked out ADOX. No chance of getting that sorted
> this side of Xmas so I was forced to turn to good old Access. An hour or
> two after that everything was sorted and I didn't even need to write a
> line of code - not even edit raw SQL.
>
> Cast off that ORM straightjacket and explore the bright lights of the
> database world. You'll have some fun!

Similar situation here. An app I'm working on needed a small fix and
uses mysql. Getting that installed turned into a bigger task that I
had hoped or cared to install on my personal machine. Thankfully I was
using a decent ORM, and just switched the adapter name from mysql to
sqlite and I was up and running in no time.

There's some green grass on both sides.

Regards,
Ammar