Phillip Gawlowski wrote in post #961199:
> that's all  they are good for: Datastorage and -retrieval.

I needed to process some data for automated test scripts this morning. I
switched on my rigorously locked down corporate laptop which has
absolutely no chance of getting Ruby on it. So I try VBA and
blow-me-down they've locked out ADOX. No chance of getting that sorted
this side of Xmas so I was forced to turn to good old Access. An hour or
two after that everything was sorted and I didn't even need to write a
line of code - not even edit raw SQL.

Cast off that ORM straightjacket and explore the bright lights of the
database world. You'll have some fun!