Hi All

Today I've started investigating this ruby/rails thing. Love the
concept. Worked for many years in java projects and am constantly
frustrated by the number of times i configure the same old frameworks
and components.

A concern I have with java which i'd hoped Ruby would solve is class
versioning. In java we're often confronted by cryptic errors due to
conflicts in the versions of required libraries. Spring-1.0.0 needs
commons-1.0.0 but hibernate-1.2.2 wants commons-1.1.0. You select
commons-1.1.0 because it's the best option you have but the new version
breaks an interface contract in some minor way and suddenly you've lost
a week of work!

Does Ruby have a mechanism for avoiding this?

Thanks

Tim