Ruby Me wrote in post #959480:
> Thank you guys,
>
> It would be helpful if anyone writes any code in PHP and then writing
> it in Ruby? I want to see the difference and how the code will be less.

I had 15 years of programing after me when I ended my programing carrier
and got a job as system administrator. My skills were mostly with
languages with little code to write. I Started with RPG on IBM
mainframes and ended with Clipper on DOS and windows.

But since programming is like a hobby I tried to learn something new and
in early 2000 PHP looked like a good language(Java to me is like a
Cobol. Too much lines about nothing). But I never got really into it. As
example I had a program which has created dates to schedule Backup Exec
jobs for a whole year and write result to file. About 60 lines in
Clipper. It took me about 3 days when I start learning PHP and I ended
up with 150 lines. But I never did anything sirius in PHP.

Few years later I heard about Ruby. It looked really cool. I had the
same program written after 4 hours of learning and in 35 lines. And
after that I didn't done any program again in any other language. 3
months later I installed rails and done my first web application after
another month (I knew something about HTML before).

I've been using ruby for 5 years now. And I don't use anything else. I
script Linux, Windows, web apps with rails. It is so simple. I have
programmed Intranet application in my company which connects to Oracle,
MS-SQL, Postgres (my favorite). And thats from the guy who never thought
that would ever make a program for Internet.

by
TheR