I am new to ruby, I am trying to populate data into a form using a set
of variables in nested loops

For i do 1..2 do
  project = @blah.create(:project, :blah =>......

The above is just a spinet, but works fine

For j in 1..4 do
owner = ["tim", "alice", "candy"]
status = ["new", "current", "out_of_date", "banned"]
  contact = @contact.create(:contact, :owner => owner, :status =>
status, :project = project)

If I add:
current_owner = owner[(j-1) % owner.size] it just uses the first
variable over and over again

What I am trying to accomplish:
Create two new projects
For each project I am creating 4 new forms
For each form I want to rotate through the variables for owner and
status. If I reach the end of a list of variables (only 3 for owners). I
want it to repeat through the list.

The other scenario:

For i do 1..10 do
  project = @blah.create(:project, :blah =>......

For j in 1..4 do
owner = ["tim", "alice", "candy"]
status = ["new", "current", "out_of_date", "banned"]
  contact = @contact.create(:contact, :owner => owner, :status =>
status)

QUESTION: By having more projects than data for owners? do I have to do
anything special to ensure it continues to loop through owner and status
until i is done?