Sam Duncan wrote in post #960638:

> There are several benefits to ORMs; not the least of which is being able
> to change the schema in your datastore without breaking all the client
> code that accesses it.

This is what worries me about the descent of human kind into the cess
pit of ORMs.

Sam I'm sure you're a decent person but it's actually the opposite.
Databases are supposed to be designed with external schemas ie you never
program to a base table...ever! You program to views, and then you can
change the physical database to your heart's content, even splitting
across nodes. Facades weren't invented by the Gang of Four, they've been
a part of computer science for half a century.

Databases have a wealth of logic, elegance and functionality. Slapping
them in the crude harness of ORMs is a most unfortunate and regressive
trend.