On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Xavier Noria <fxn / hashref.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Robert Dober <robert.dober / gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Note that a and b store the same reference value, but they are separate.
>
> If we assign a new string "b" to b inside the method with object id
> 2158934000 the diagram becomes
>

>      >
> because a and b store different values.
That's actually what I meant: When passing the parameter the diagram
is correct. I do not see any reason why you claim the diagram
incorrect - for what the param passing semantics concerns - only
because Ruby gives you the freedom to reassign the param inside the
body of the method.
I wanted to express that this manipulation should not be used to prove
the correctness or incorectness of a given param passing model.
Clearer?

Cheers
R.

--
The 1,000,000th fibonacci number contains '42' 2039 times; that is
almost 30 occurrences more than expected (208988 digits).